Seeking opinions on NAS storage w\WDTV Live Streaming Player

Currently I have a WD Studio II (6TB) connected to my WDTV and I’m very dissatisfied with it on many levels.  I’m researching on replacing it with something more compatible and I don’t want to run into the same problems again. I would like to hear from others on their recommendations or what to avoid (like the Studio II).

It will be used for streaming DLNA devices within the house - WDTV, PS3, Xbox, Interactive TVs and dvd players. Also, I create videos packages and would like customers to have access to the drive for downloading and\or streaming; while keeping a strong and secured network. Having the ability to hide folders that someone or a group that doesn’t have authorization for is a huge plus. (If that even exists)

(Currently considering Buffalo LinkStation (Pro & non-Pro) Duo 6TB or WD My Book Live Duo 6tb) Please tell me why you would recommend or avoid a product. Thanks

I would go with the 6TB MBL Duo.

With the MBL Duo, are you able to stream 2-3 devices smoothly over the network? With the My Book Studio II, it can take anywhere from 20-90 seconds to wake the drive and it goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes of idle. The My Book Essential 3TB (before it died) only took 2-3 seconds and didn’t power down until the WDTV player was turned off. Between the 2 drives, how does the MBL Duo compare?

synology nas is good have mp3 playing in dinning room hd up and down stairs no lag issues 1080p

wired! not wireless!

Don’t really know about the streaming questions, have not tested it. The MBL Duo can take about a minute to boot up. By default it will go into sleep mode in 5 minutes, but you can extent the time or turn it off.