Recently added videos?

Hello.
I’m new to this forum and have been using 3 wdtv units for about a month.
My primary usage is to stream my movie collection from a usb harddrive to the player.
This has been working very well.
The one feature I don’t see…and hopefully I’m not missing it is to be able to see recently added videos.
When adding movies to a large collection it’s nice to have this option so newly added movies are not lost in a very large collection.
Is there any setting to see this?
I use squeezebox for my audio collection and it does have this often used option.
If not is there a way to submit ideas for new functionality for future fw releases?
Thx
Mo

Yes, it’s available via the Dashboard (blue button.)

You’ll need to have the Media Library configured.

If you are creative and knowlegable enough you could probably create a windows scheduled task to run a program to look at all of your movies, sort by date, take the 1st one or X many of filenames and automatically create a playlist file.

I think this is possible with some patience and testing, but it might be a better option than using the media library.

I myself, just create a folder for new movies and move them to it then move them back to their normal location when I don’t want them there anymore. I’m always managing my movies, because I encode new one about every 2 weeks to a month. Moving files within the same hard drive is an easy and painless task as opposed to copying them from hard drive to hard drive.