Re: Can't detect wifi network, constanly compiling media library

For a few days my player had no connectivity. I don’t know what prompted it. There was no option to select wired or wireless, previous connections, or anything resembling regular options. Manual andauto setup did not work. I had firmware 2.01.86, and upgraded to 2.02.32, which brought back most of the options. However, I still cannot select between wired and wireless. Doing a factory reset did not help. After selecting the language, I was not prompted to set up the network connection. Again, manual and auto setup will not allow me to connect.

Is the wifi in the player finished, or is something else wrong? I read through the other threads about no wifi and problems, but Iam still having no luck getting a wireless connection. Unfortunately my player is not near the router, so having a wired connection is not an option.

1 Like

Having same problem since I updated to 2.02.32

On top of this issue, the player is now constantly “compiling media library”. It’s been doing so for over a week. What is wrong with this thing?

Can no one help me with this piece of **bleep**?

can’t off any advice … except to say, if things were worked fine on the previous firmware (2.01.86) as a last resort, roll back your firmware and see if things return to normal.

here’s my firmware rollback guide: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/2-02-32-Firmware-no-longer-allows-content/m-p/781937#M32423

I rolled back past that version and it still doesn’t have any wireless options. At least the constant compiling stopped. I am guessing that the wireless in the thing stopped working.

Have the same problem. Network connection was lost during 2.02.32 upgrade, wireless option disappeared after that and never came back. Downgrading to 2.1.86 did not help. 

Did you guys do a reset (before and) after the rollback?

Hard reset did not help, but disconnecting power did, thank you.

the hard reset worked; wifi is back. i will be keeping the older firmware i have…whatever came before 2.0.1.86.