Re: Advertising of Medial library with Thumbgen

Hello WD,

I am a WD fan and like WD products. Few month ago I have bought the excellent MY Book LIVE. Then I started checking out for a Media Streamer that had the ability to show posters and movie sheets. The only on that I cam close to buying was the Mede8er which strongly advertise the ability of their streamer with the Media Juke Box.

Then accidentaly I came to a You tube video showing the WD streaming media player showing off this same cpability thorgh thumbgen.

Thus, I am writing this message directed to the advertising team at WD, as there IS NOTHING on the WD website showing this capability of the WD Media Streamer which is a plus point and was the only reason that I bought a media streamer in addition to a blu ray player.

Regards,

Andrew

Several things…

1. this is a user based forum, so you wont be reaching out to any of the WD advertising folks here.

2. Thumbgen is a third party utility not made or owned by WD. So they are npt going to show how to use. It is one of many tools that allow you to get metatdata.

3. There are themes that you can add to your SMP that can make it look prettu nice. These  have been made by some very generous coders, most who are active on these boards. These have also not been made or supported by WD. You will find info on some of these themes here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/bd-p/hub_themes 

What you saw on youtube is most likely a theme added to an SMP or LiveHub, and then the metadata and backround sheets made with Thumbgen. This is stuff that does not come with your device, and is not going to be supported by WD on how to install etc. 

Hit the theme thread above, you will find some good info, and see what people have made that you can use. WD is mot actively supporting theming. We are just very fortunate to have some talented people around here who are willing to share their work

-P