Quick question from a new owner

madboymatt wrote:> My second question is: should the menu/browsing lag sometimes? I’ve never seen it happen on my Hub, but I find that once in a while, the whole OS will lag out and it has actually frozen on me. Forcing me to hard reboot the box by pulling the A/C.

Hi dude!

Regarding your second question…, have you been using YouTube??  I learnt recently from another member (Mr-Wolf) that the YouTube Leanback Service has a memory leak. Basically speaking the more you use YouTube the slower your SMP will become until it causes the symptoms you mention or completely crashes the SMP.

I struggled with this problem for almost a month when I first bought my device however the advice given to me by Mr-Wolf was to power down the device fully as you have been doing i.e… press and hold the ON/OFF button on remote for 5 seconds. This cause the memory to be released back to the SMP device when next started.

Alternatively you can also get around this lag/memory leak issue by removing the AC lead at shut down or simply stop using YouTube until we have a fix.

If I recall this bug was introduced with the latest firmware?!

Slinky