Query re themes, etc

Is there a theme, or indeed any other way, to give a larger (ideally scalable) typeface for file lists?

The default file list typeface is a bit small for me and my bedside TV, making the file lists difficult for me to read.

In the original WDTV Live there was a WDLXTV firmware where it was possible to specify user-defined number of lines in the file list and specifying a low number of lines automatically incresed the size of the typeface, but the process of getting modded f/w onto the SMP is beyond my ageing brain now…

Any help appreciated.

rob

robber789 wrote:

Is there a theme, or indeed any other way, to give a larger (ideally scalable) typeface for file lists?

No not really, but kinda 2 solutions

1. Design a Theme with a Larger List view

2. Or, if you’re using the SMP on a Big and Small TV at various times … Then a Theme with a Large and Standard size List View would be possible (would have to sacrifice one of the Thumbnail views to achieve this)

Post a “Mockup” Picture of how Large you want the List view to be (eg. fontsize and rows) and i’ll see what i can do. :smiley:

Thanks - great! The above is the sort of thing I’m looking for. This piccy is taken from my Philips HMP7100.

The typeface size used by that player is fine, but the player itself isn’t a patch on the SMP (in particular, look at the way the files are organized - no rhyme or reason that I can fathom), and that’s not its only fault.

So if you can produce the SMP 2-column file list display in something like the above, that would be fantastic.

And apologies if the picture above doesn’t come out well - this is the first time I’ve tried to include a picture in a forum post…

rob

How about a Larger Fontsize in List View ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y50k8omaytownjb/LargeListFont.zip

Brilliant! Can you please point me at a link to an explanation of how to install it?

rob

I trawled around in this forum and managed to find how to install the theme.

Thanks for your help with this Joey - really appreciated.

rob