Problems streaming video from 4tb wd mycloud

Hello

Only just joined on here and have learnt so much about what my wdtv live box is capable of - thank you all.

However I currently have a problem with my set up and hope someone could help please. 

I have a wdtv live box connected to a wd mycloud 4tb via my network (have tried both wireless and wired)

When I play the videos that are saved on the my cloud through the tv box, the video starts for 2 seconds then staggers with no sound.

It used to work fine but now doesn’t. 

Also, the 4tb cloud streams videos perfectly through my smart tv directly so I know the cloud box is ok.

Like I’ve said, I’ve tried wired and wireless and also exchanged my tv box but the replacement does it too.

Am I doing anything wrong or might my settings be incorrect? 

Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Hello,

Have you tried a reset and/or power cycle on the WD TV?

Thanks for suggestion.

Have tried it, but still same problem. 

Its used to play the dvds I’ve saved onto but now it wont.

Same problem. Wednesday I had no problems playing mkv or m4v files from my MyCloud 4TB NAS. Today, all I get is tail chasing snake. I can see the MyCloud with no problems via Windows Explorer and my Router menu. Wha’ hoppened?

PS: I just tried playing some MP3 files from my GoFlex NAS and the tail chasing snake popped right up. I even unplugged the WD TV Live and ran the Check Network Connection and I still can’t get the media to play.