Problems back dating firmware

hi all noob here so go easy on me :slight_smile:

I have 3 WD live streaming units that were all working awesomely streaming movies from my qnap TS 212 and TS 220 but after updating the firmware on 2 of the units they now cannot see the NAS drive.

They can see my windows PC’s on the network so comms are all good but no NAS.

I have the latest firmware on the NAS’s so i cannot do much there so what i wanted to do was back date the firmware but i am having problems.

Following the couple of instructions i have seen by downloading the older firmwares and placing then on the root of a Fat32 formatted stick then plugging the stick in and cycling the power the wd does not want to do anything.

I have tried changing the verion No in the ver file but still with no joy.

Am i missing something here is is there any suggestions on how to do this.

My working WD is running version 1.15.10 and working like a charm so i would really like to back date the other two.

Cheers

nick

have you checked … Setup > System > Auto Detect New Firmware > On   ?

I had to roll back and I put the USB stick in the rear of the unit when it was on and I saw the update Icon.

All went well. I won’t be updating till the next firmware.

Hey Joey thank you very much as that fixed my problem, i thought that setting was only for the online updates.

Anyway it turns out that rolling back the firmware doesn’t fix my problem and its now time to look back on the network to see why as the WD will talk to the NAS when i connect direct ethernet through anther spare router i had so i am on track now to sorting it out .

cheers

nick