Problem with Linux Share

Hi All ,

I am running Ubuntu 14.10 on an Acer Aspire V5-571P Laptop and when I try and see it under " Linux Shares " on my WD TV Live , I just get the round arrow going round in circles and nothing happens. I am connected via wi-fi and the windows shares work fine. Can anyone help me please ?

Thank You

Wolf Heart

Dumb question, probably, but:

Have you installed NFS support and created / configured an export?

Hi TonyPh12345 , Yes I have installed NFS support and created and configured and export , below is my export config :- # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported # to NFS clients. See exports(5). # # Example for NFSv2 and NFSv3: # /srv/homes hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check) # # Example for NFSv4: # /srv/nfs4 gss/krb5i(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check) # /srv/nfs4/homes gss/krb5i(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) # /home *(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check) /usr/local *(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Dumb question, probably, but:

Have you installed NFS support and created / configured an export?

Hi , For some reason it made a mess of the config , here is my exports config :- http://pastebin.com/LtV3tmyx

BTW, neither of the products where you posted (The Live & Live Plus legacy devices) support NFS at all – which device do you have?  What’s the model number?

Hi ,

My WD TV Live model number is for some reason in chinese and only says :- CH3 .

Thank You

Wolf Heart

Go to the Settings menu, in the About section.

What does it say there?

Hi ,

It says :-

WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

" Network Info - 192.168.1.91 "

Device name: WDTVLive

MAC Address: 00:90:A9:64:EC:12

SSID: HARRY-PC_Network

Signal ( all bars strong 100% )

IP Address 192.168.1.91

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.1.1

DNS 192.168.1.1

Device Info - 2.02.32

Firmware version 2.0.2.32

Part Number WDBGXT0000NBK

Serial Number [Deleted]

Online Service Info

Netflix ESN WDBHG70000-18F2-097C-C3F8-0802

Thank You

Wolf Heart

I have finally sorted out the Linux shares for my Live Streaming box from my Mac.  I have created a file on my Mac in the /etc folder called exports and am streaming easily, but when I try to delete a file on the media player or anything else that requires writng to the USB drive, it comes up as read only and won’t let me do anything from the media player.  This is a typical line in the exports file on my Mac… 

/Volumes/Comedy -alldirs -ro

I don’t know anything about Linux, but I think -ro probably means read only?  What do I change it to so that I can write to the USB from my media player?  I tried -rw but it didn’t make any difference.

Hope someone can help…