Problem with AV out (cable)

I have plugged WD TV Live through HDMI, but unexpectedly from some time i lost voice over HDMI on my TV (checked on second TV and through HDMI all work). But I want run WD TV Live on first TV so I bought AV cable (on one side jack and on second side 3 cinch). So I connected WD TV live through AV cable to TV but I see nothing. I have tried reset TV live but i didn’t help. Then I switched to HDMI (in this situation I have AV cable and HDMI cable connected) on HDMI i see video but on AV (Video) I see black screen. Then I have trying switch HDMI out to AV out (in software settings), but it always keep HDMI out.

You’re using the WD-supplied AV cable, right? You can’t usually just buy any three-lead cable, as there are any possible combination of pinouts.

A “Standard” AV cable should work fine … (as long as Pin 4=Ground)

then just swap the colors around (Yellow,Red,White)

Check out my previous post with the Pinouts here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Live-Plus/What-model-did-I-buy-wdbaap0000nbk-01-and-how-to-connect-the/td-p/666159

How look WD-supplied AV cable, I have in one side HDMI in second side 3 cinch, I assume this is wrong cable.

My cable:

So, you’ve tried setting Video Output to “Composite” and tried both PAL or NTSC ?

I have TV with PAL so I tried PAL on WD TV Live but without success.

I have manta dvd-031 lord player connected through 3 cinch, I have disconnected it to TV and have connected  WD TV Live in the same place.

2 things …

1.  The cable picture you posted above … is that the WD Supplied Cable ?  or the Standard Cable you purchased ?

If it’s a “Standard” cable … have you read the reply i posted about the different pinouts and swap colours solution ?

1. Forgive me… what on earth is a “cinch” ?? :confounded:
  1. I bought this cable in MediaMarkt, so I suppose it is Standard Cable, where I can buy WD Supplied Cable ? I have check how cable should look (in Google) and I was looking for that cable in shops.

2. sorry I have check that cinch is popular cable name in my country, general it is RCA

wafcio wrote:

1. I bought this cable in MediaMarkt, so I suppose it is Standard Cable, where I can buy WD Supplied Cable ? I have check how cable should look (in Google) and I was looking for that cable in shops.

1. sorry I have check that cinch is popular cable name in my country, general it is RCA
  1. Have you tried swapping the colors around ? before spending more money ?

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Live-Plus/What-model-did-I-buy-wdbaap0000nbk-01-and-how-to-connect-the/td-p/666159

From the above link:

I don’t have a Standard 3.5mm to Composite cable to test … but i’ll bet the pinouts are also reversed…

WD CABLE

1 = YELLOW

2 = WHITE

3 = RED

4 = GROUND

STANDARD CABLE

1 = RED

2 = WHITE

3 = YELLOW

4 = GROUND

So a Standard cable would be hooked up like this

RED    into YELLOW input on the TV

WHITE  into WHITE input on the TV

YELLOW into RED input on the TV

1. Ok, i understand now

could you give me image, how cable should look ? I have checked it (switched red with yellow but without success). When I connect white cable to TV then I hear BUUZZ… sound in TV

I don’t want to sound stupid…but…

Could part of his issue be he is sending down a signal via composite that his receiving equipment cannot recognize or play?  For example…normally composite sends a much inferior quality signal.  Maybe his tv is set to receive something more and won’t recognize this lesser quality signal.