Preventing the WD TV Live from turning completely off

Hi,

I currently have an external USB drive connected to the WD TV Live to play local files. I also use the Network Discovery tool to access this drive from another PC on the network whenever I need to transfer files to and from the drive.

This setup works fine but the unit needs to be on or in standby mode for the drive to be accessed over the network. Any way to have the player always go into standby mode instead of completely turning off when not in use? I understand you have to press and hold the power button to completely turn off but I’ve noticed it sometimes turns off even if I don’t hold the power button down.

it’s completely based on how long the IR signal is received

so sorry there is no way to change the behavior other than try not to hold down the button

I wonder if you have the Energy Saving Auto Shutdown turned on… it’s an option under Operation.  I don’t use it myself, but maybe it turns off the device?

fred9999 wrote:

I wonder if you have the Energy Saving Auto Shutdown turned on… it’s an option under Operation.  I don’t use it myself, but maybe it turns off the device?

That’s a good point –  and it’s a change in default when upgrading to the latest version.  By default, it’s ENABLED, and set for 3 hours. 

I turned it off on mine.