Power on/off intermittently works and feels unresponsive

I am struggling to get my new WD TV Live to switch on/off…

Every other device I have ever used, wakes up and shuts down with a brief press of the power button… But the WD TV seems unresponsibe… Sometimes I press the power and nothing happens and its starting to fustrate me.

Ultimatly I want to program my Harmony One to handle the power, but right now this is impossible as the box keeps missing the power on/off command…

I don’t think that this is a fault with the remote, as I get the same problem my Harmony… the WD TV just seems unresponsive at times.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Jon

The power button might be ignored when you’re in certain apps, but I’ve not had a problem with it as long as I’m just idle in the main UI…

I am starting from power off… I hit power and nothing happens… And then again… and again and eventually the light comes on… But then when its on, it doe the same going off.

I experienced most of this when the TV was off and I was simply programing my Harmony, so was watching the light…

One thing which might be relevant is that my box seems to take minutes to come on… I am wondering if this has something to do with the “Power Saving” settings which kick in after 3 hours… I wonder if this is putting the box into a deep poweroff mode, meaning that it needs a full boot on power on… And perhaps this might be why the box wasn’t responding becuase it was booting.

I will do some tests tonight, just to be sure. Cheers

Jon

Please ignore this… The box is just a little slow and takes a few seconds to come on… So I was just pressing too quickly.

As long as I take it nice and slow, it seems to switch on/off on demand.

I do have a question about Harmony Remotes and Power but I will post another question!