Possible to Stream from Hauppauge Broadway to WD Live SMP (or Hub)?

I have a WD Live SMP and a WD Live Hub. All networked and working fine. I recently acquired a Hauppauge Broadway, which lets me stream TV either from its OTA tuner or from AV connections to my cable box, and TV streams just fine to my PC, Laptop, ipod, Nexus tablet and Galaxy SIII phone. I would also like to be able to stream to the WD units so I can get TV in the bedroom and spare room etc. I know the Lives will support Hauppauge tuners and slingoxes, but can’t figure out whether./how it is possible to stream from the Broadway. Any help/thoughts appreciated.

THe hauppauge support is limited to a few USB adaptors and the sling box app is limited to slingboxes.

There is a hidden browser on the player which ‘may’ be able to stream your TV. Its doubfull that it will work as its limited but its worth a try.

Go to Settings >  About, then press the search button on the remote.

Use USB keyboard / mouse

Made some progress on this. Located and installed the Broadway_V3.3.1120 beta firmware, which adds experimental DLNA support. As a result, both my Live and my Hub can see the “broadway_DLNA” listed under media servers, and when I click through it can see the list of all the favourite channels I have set up. However, when I click on one I get a “can’t play as codec not supported” message. Same result when I select the composite AV stream. Not sure whether the issue is really the codec (Freeview NZ uses the fairly unusual HE-AAC v2 for audio). Unsure of this because if it was really a codec issue, it shouldn’t be giving me the same error as it’s a straight video feed using the standard red-white-yellow RCA cable arrangement to feed SD composite video and audio. Have sent email to Hauppauge to see what they say.

What is a composite av stream? There is a standard composite video output but not a standard composite av stream. What is this stream made up of.

Sorry, I was unclear.

The Broadway has two sets of imputs. The first is an antenna input, which allows it to tune over the air channels and stream the output. The second is a composite input, which takes the standard red-white-yellow RCA plugs, and streams the output.

I have established that the video streams as h.264 and the audio as AAC, using DLNA. Both of which the WD units should be able to support. The trouble is, they don’t. They sit there with the spinning swirl on the screen, and then announce “codec not supported”. It is definitley visible to the WD units as a DLNA server, and you can select source/channel etc, but it won’t then display anything. DLNA clients on my PC (ie VLC) stream from it just fine.

I have not connected my DVD recoder (Panasonic XW390) which has a DLNA server in it. The WD units will see, and stream from, both this and my MyBook Live using DLNA. So the WD units and the network are working fine. The Broadway also seems to be working fine. I can connect to it and stream over WiFi to my phone, and tablet. I can also connect to it using VLC as a DLNA client. So I seem to have WD media players with working DLNA capabilities, a Broadway that works as a DLNA server using codecs that the WD units support, and a working network. But the WD units won’t stream from the Broadway. This is starting to annoy me.

I would assume that its the streams. There must be something about them that the player does not like. Ignore the fact that a software player like vlc can play them, that program is designed to play pretty well anything.