Pictures not displaying full size on WDTV Live?

Hello,

Installed my new WDTV Live last night and really impressed. It does exactly what I wanted it to do.

Only issue I am having is when browsing family JPEG image files from my NAS it is displaying them like tiny thumbnails instead of the correct image size?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Will try this later:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/WDTV-and-Twonky-photos-are-displayed-in-miniatur-size/m-p/522085/highlight/true#M15663

Settings---->Photos---->Photo Scaling---->Fit to screen

thanks for the reply, all that does it stretch the thumbnail sized image so its all blocky.

What sort of resolution are your pictures?

Think on my camera they are in 12MP at the moment. They show fine when I use the PS3 to display them from the NAS.

As per an answer from richUK in this thread

http://community.wd.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/streaming_discussions/message-id/22883

the SMP can only display images up to a maximum size depending on codec type. If they aren’t within these limits, then they can’t be displayed properly. 12 megapixels images don’t sound like they would fall within these limits.  

Try making a copy of the images and resizing them to see if they will display.

I’ve saw this and a workaround that seemed to work was to remove the EXIF thumbnails from the image file. So long ago I saw this though I forget what tool I used (possibly ExifCleaner or something similar)

Thanks, I downloaded ExifCleaner and tested it on one of the picture files. It now displays as I wanted it to.

I’d rather not have to use this program against every image I take on my camera, I’m please I have a word around but surely WD should do something to stop this?

WD have confirmed the current firmware does not support the higher resolution that I am using.

With camera technology producing these resolutions and higher now WD need to upgrade this issue in the next firmware release please!

You told us on Friday that they work if you take out the exif data.

Yes, the exifcleaner is more of a work around. WD still need to improve the firmware to work with high resolution images.

If all of your photos display when removing the exif then what has it got to do with a problem of resolution.

I’m not sure, I’m just going on what WD Support have said. They are aware of all the detail but still blame the resolution.