Pictures come in very low resolution and auto slide feature disabled

Hi there,

This is my first post. I bought WD LIve recently. I have iOmega 1TB NAS drive sitting on same network. 

Everything works fine until one day I decided to see my pictures on big screen TV. WD Live easily found pictures on NAS drive but when I run it they are coming up in very low resolution, very fuzzy, almost can’t recognize what is on the pictures. Same pictures, if introduced through USB port using stick are fine.

Second thing that doesn’t work is auto slide function. I have to push arrow on remote to advance pictures. I found AUTO SLIDE selector in SETUP but I am unable to flip it from OFF.  I select it, press ENTER, try arrows but it stays at OFF. This is quite important to me. I need to buy one more WD Live for office and run auto slide presentation show and Powerr Point files. 

Please help.

Regards,

Zack

Hi, check if you have the latest firmware available for the WDTV. Check the link below. 

Firmware update

Ichigo, i am looking at SYSTEM SETUP and Auto detect new firmware is ON. To be safe I clicked Check latest firmware and after few seconds it told me that it’s up to date. Device info version says 1.15.10.

P.S. I bought it 2 weeks ago in Sarasota, FL in Best Buy. I had hard time finding it. They sell like hot cakes as soon as they hit shelves. Unit is fresh from factory with latest firmware.

Check if you are accessing the iOmega as a media server or a network share. If you are accessing it as a media server, it might be converting the pictures to a lower resolution. Also be sure you have the WDTV connected to the TV with the component or HDMI cables, if you are using the composite cables (Yellow/White/Red) you wont be able to get a resolution higher than 480i. Check page 172 of the manual for more information. 

Manual

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf#page=176

Ichigo, you are onto something.

1. If I access iOmega as media server, I see all files (pictures) and when accessed they are of really bad quality. makes it unusable

2. If I select Network Share I get only one item saying Windows Shares. When selected I get spinning wheel and nothing comes up. So WD box can’t see iOmega network drive that way at all.

I am using HDMI cable, video coming from WD box is perfect for that matter.

What do you suggest? There is still matter of no AUTO SLIDE but this is much serious problem

Hi ZackP, please check your private messages. 

OK, thanks, will wait for more suggestions

Today I spoke to [Deleted] from WD tech support. he walked me through several settings and check this and check that. After box reset it finally came to life to display pictures from LAN drive properly. 

Besides that to run slide show it is enough to select forlder with pictures and press PLAY button like playing a movie. That is about it for me. Thank you who wanted to help.