P2P downloads problem

Hi 

Since I upgraded with the new firmware (2.02.32), I am trying to download torrents but it doesn´t work. I have enabled the P2P option in WD menu and I am trying with both options “Add Torrent From URL” and “Add Torrent From File” and nothing appears in P2P Downloads Queue.

I have a 500 GB 2.5" HD in rear usb. Inside there is one folder with name “P2P”  and inside of this one there are 3 folders with names  “Incomplete, Complete and Torrent”.

Where is the problem?. How can I do to download torrents?.

Thanks in advance :wink:

Hello,

I recommend you contact support directly for assistance with this feature.

Contact WD

I was having a hard time figuring out how to download torrents as well and tried contacting support, but as of yet I have not received a response in over a week.

I gave up waiting and finally figured it out myself.  You have to be sure to have DOWNLOADS open on your WD TV Live SMP.  Make sure you have P2P downloads on by selecting yes.  The downfall to this new feature is that while you’re downloading you cannot access anything else or the download will stop. To add torrents you just have to enter the webui and go to the p2p downloads section and add your torrent link.  I have found the copying magnet links work best.

Good luck!

Don’t waste time using the WD to download torrents. I got two loaded last night, but after that, it would not load a third and it was extremely slow to react to the remote commands. After a bit it became inaccessible, as if it had to put all its power into dowlnloading. And when I checked it this morning, it hadn’t downloaded anything since I tried adding the third torrent, so I don’t know what it was doing all night.

Needless to say I do not think I will be trying to use this thing to download torrents anymore. It’s far too much of a hassle, and it doesn’t seem to have the CPU power to do it right.

I have this WD TV Live media device, always update the firmware, enabled P2P feature, used it to download movies, and watch with it as well. There are some issues at my end, and the problem is:

“You can only use the download feature, when you are not using the media device.” which is not cool

“Whenever you enable the Network Sharing feature, anyone has a READ/WRITE permission on it.” scary…

If someone here knows a workaround with my issues, please message me :). Anyways, I still enjoy using this device.

Sorry, ignore my 2nd issue, i fixed my network sharing by resetting all of the network shares inside my network, now all my movies inside my wdtv is safe.