Not seeing available disk space on my PC

Hi.  Before I had to reinstall Windows 7 I was able to see my WDTV Live Hub’s spare capacity.  For the life of me, I can no longer get this to show.  I found this thread where TonyPh12345 has been extremely helpful:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Checking-Drives-For-Available-Space/td-p/623441

My Hub’s ‘Network Share Server’ is set to On so can anyone suggest why I only have a picture icon for my Hub in Windows?  I’ve attached a snap.

…because you added it as a Network Location instead of a mapped drive.

If it were a mapped drive, it’d be under “Hard Disk Drives,” not “Network Location”.

Delete that, and map it as a network drive.

1 Like

That’s got it – thanks, Tony.

It still shows under Network Location, though, as does yours in the attachment you provided in that other thread.

Speaking of attachments, you obviously saw mine but it’s now just a yellow triangle. Can anyone suggest what’s happened here?

I’m attaching an updated pic, this time with Public checked as opposed to Private to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again, Tony. wdtv2.jpg

TonyPh12345 wrote:

…because you added it as a Network Location instead of a mapped drive.

If it were a mapped drive, it’d be under “Hard Disk Drives,” not “Network Location”.

Delete that, and map it as a network drive.

Probably mean’t  it’d be under “Computer”   (yes it’s mapped as a Network Drive using WD Discovery)

1 Like

JoeySmyth wrote:Probably mean’t  it’d be under “Computer”   (yes it’s mapped as a Network Drive using WD Discovery)

D’oh!  Yup…  my mistake.  

dortmunder wrote:

Speaking of attachments, you obviously saw mine but it’s now just a yellow triangle. Can anyone suggest what’s happened here?

Moderators have to approve images.   Users with certain higher ranks can see them before they’re moderated (like me and Joey.)

You probably saw a yellow triangle because you hadn’t logged in yet.   If you’re logged in, you can of course see your own images before they’re moderated.

By the way, this thread was started in the wrong forum…  a moderator will probably move it to the Hub forum.

Thanks for the attachment explanation.  I did look for a LiveHub forum but couldn’t see one.  In the category ‘WD TV Home Entertainment Products’ my only reasonable choices were WDTV Media Player and WDTV Live Streaming.  I chose the latter as that’s where the thread was that had a similar problem to mine.

dortmunder wrote:

I did look for a LiveHub forum but couldn’t see one.

1 Like

Cute, Joey!  :laughing: