Not able to get rid of the re-load icon even with auto-play setting

Hi- I am new to this forum and initially thought I’d found the answer to my question: “how do I eliminate both the re-load icon and the content info at the upper left when looping”. I saw several answers to older threads to the effect:

Settings > system settings > auto play

I’ve tried numerous times, both before playing a file and while interrupting the file to change settings, leaving the loop setting on and off and cannot get rid of either of these icons. Any advice?

I am using a WD TV Live streaming: 

http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/pd/productID.237609800/parid.13092400/catid.1374230…

thank you all.

You can try this simple theme mod i did (see link below)

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE9 or IE8, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI.   Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “noloadingicon.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on you SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select “noloadingicon” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

2 Likes

This is getting me a lot closer to solving my problem, but so far I have not been able to submit the files from your zip file (or the zip file whole) I first get an invalid file type message, then I can hit submit nad I get an endless “please wait” loading wheel. 

I tried your zip folder, the individual xml file, and individual png files-- none of which will load. Advice? Does the player need to be on a certain screen while I am working remotely?

sorry, i forgot the meta.xml

try this again …  http://www.mediafire.com/download/4mboo9ysgq1mcv0/noloadingicon.zip

Removes the Loading Arrow /  Subtitle Notification / Audio Notification

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (Do Not use IE9 or IE8, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI.  

Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN,

then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the " noloadingicon.zip" file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme,

on your SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select " noloadingicon" then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

3 Likes

works perfectly!

Thanks so much- you’ve made a whole museum of curators very happy.

one more problem: I have been able to log onto two SMPs successfully and upload your files, and the third now I cannot access the IP address. I have tried my mac, my pc and multiple browsers. I know it is online because I just updated the firmware to the current version (as I did with the others, so I know its not the firmware). Can you think of any other reason why it wouldn’t recognize the IP address?

thanks

I’m using the WD TV for a trade show and this is working great! Thanks!!!

exhibitions wrote:

Can you think of any other reason why it wouldn’t recognize the IP address?

Probably the router is confused by having several devices with identical names. Make sure you connect them only one at a time and give them a unique name and IP. If that does not work just attach each device directly to your PCs NIC to make the adjustments.

exhibitions wrote:
works perfectly!
Thanks so much- you’ve made a whole museum of curators very happy.

Thanks guys, my pleasure :smiley:

Is there a reason this wouldn’t work on a brand new product. I keep getting “Invalid file, Please correct file.”

Should the WD Live be connected to the inernet, or should it be off-line and just connect my laptop to the WD with a network cable? All I"m getting is a spinning wheel and “Please Wait”. I’m not sure it’s really loading the new Appearance File. Does the file need to be un-zipped first? I followed everything up to after the Submit click

Your WDTV has to be on a Network … most problems people have, is the browser.

As stated in the instructions Don’t use Internet Explorer

Also, Don’t unzip the file.

Use Chrome or Firefox… here’s a picture of my Firefox (retested the file just now… uploads fine after 3 seconds waiting)

Hi @JoeySmyth ,

Thanks for sharing the solution to this annoying issue.

Now, I have the same problem when running a video installation, but the gallery where it’s being exhibited does not have wi-fi or internet connection for that matter. 

Can you install the theme if not connected to a wireless network and/or the Internet?

Many thanks!

EK

You need to upload the theme via a Network connection  (once uploaded, disconnect the Network and the theme will stay in flash memory) so, before installing them in the gallery … upload the theme via a Network connection / Web Browser

The only way to install a theme without Any Network connection is via Custom Firmware running off a flashdrive (the theme resides on the flashdrive and not in flash memory)

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=8707&start=0

2 points though … you still need Network Connection to Setup the custom firmware (initially) and also if someone nicks the flashdrive, you will lose the theme