No sound after update

Morning,

- Which firmware? 2.01.86
- What happened? after update no sound on video files with Dolby Digital audio settings. Must select the audio 2 for me to get sound. If the files don't have a second option I can't get audio at all.
- What were you doing? updating..
- Does this happen every time? Yes (only after the last update)
- What hardware and media were you using? WD TV live on a local network with a 3TB My book live network HD.
- Did this happen with previous firmware? No
- Does power cycling the unit solve this? No
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this? haven't done that,
- Have you tried this on other devices? No.

so when i turned on my WD TV Live this morning it asked to update, after the update i tryed to play a move for my kid, when it started it had no audio. thought that was odd, i played the movie i watched last night before bed. same issue. tryed the options went to audio, selected the audio 2 option to try and get it working. after a small delay i had audio. but not all my files have a audio 2 option. 

You can add me to the list also, except I don’t always NOT have sound (sound confusing???).

After the update my SMP will not have sound unless I reboot it a few times, then the sound will stay until I power cycle the unit again.

I am also having a problem with some 7.1 DTS-HD MA audio tracks dropping out for split seconds every now and then. It doesn’t do this if I revert back to 1.16.13.

I am also getting frequent startups that have the pink-purple tinted screens.

Also having problems with the unit locking up, it will only respond to a power off (red button) on the remote.

Steve

EDIT: Forgot to add that I did a factory reset, and also rebooted the NAS and Router

Try resetting the player to factory defaults via the setup menu and then unplugging from power for a few minutes.

I have the exact same problem on the 2.01.86 firmware.  I tried to reset to Factore default but it does not change the firmware to the initial one.

Is there anyway to go back to previous firmware version?

To rollback use firmware from the page below and follow the instructions.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860