No cover art after automatic scan of media library

I currently have 3 WDTV SMPs.  They are all set to rescan my libraries every hour,  Get Content Info is set to Auto.   New videos are added to my library during the scan that occurs every hour, but the movie details and cover art are rarely added automatically.  I typically have to manually “Get Content Info”.   I periodically see a message indicating that my SMP is “Getting Content Info”, so it would seem to be functioning automatically, but the new cover art still does not appear unless I do it manually.

Furthermore, after I “Get Content Info” on one SMP, the cover art does not display on my other two SMPs unless I reset the device by unplugging and plugging back in to do a reset.

This has been the case on all firmware versions.  Has anyone else encountered this behavior, and have a workaroud? 

make sure the title of the movie is 100% correct of the SMP wont find it.

ex. Get Him To The Greek (2010).mkv

don’t add Uncut, Extended, Director’s Cut, ect…to the file name.

hope that helps.

I initially hoped that was the issue, but  my naming convention is solid.  When I Get Content Info manually, it finds the cover art no problem.  This seems to be specific to the automated function.  The more annoying problem is that my other two SMP devices don’t pick up this cover art unless I reboot them. 

funkyg73 wrote:

I initially hoped that was the issue, but  my naming convention is solid.  When I Get Content Info manually, it finds the cover art no problem.  This seems to be specific to the automated function.  The more annoying problem is that my other two SMP devices don’t pick up this cover art unless I reboot them. 

Well, yeah, because the other SMPs aren’t going to be aware of the cover art until the media library is rescanned.  But you don’t have to reboot to rescan, just select OPTIONS / RESCAN at the folder level.

All devices are set to autoscan every hour, and this is taking place.  I’ve also tried the manual scan on all devices.   The movie is added to the library with the generic placeholder icon, but the cover art does not display on the other devices unless I reboot.  

well atleast it shows after a reboot.

I have two movies that for some unknown reason will not show cover art.

I’ve tried multiple FW’s, different boxes, renaming the movies & manually adding the cover art metathumb.