New videos on network share not showing on Media Library

I am new to the world of the WD TV Live Streaming media box.  I have set up a Network share on the media box to my Synology Server share.  Initially, all videos showed and with the appropriate movie information.  When I add new movies to the network share, the media box does not find/recognize the new movies.  

Is there a way to force the box to rescan the network shares?  

Is there a way to correct the issue of the media box not scanning the network share for new files?  

When this happens, how can I just view the movies with out the media content (if that is causing the problem)?  I notice that you can view your movies through the file view, but you can’t seem to sort or search through them.

Thanks for your help!

Navigate to VIDEOS → “the folder where you stored your new content”  then click “Options” on your remote and chose “Rescan”.  This will force your WDTV Live to rescan and populate the folder with new content. You can chose to have the WDTV Live automatically scan for new content once a day/week/etc or you can also let it scan when in suspend mode.  If you want your content immediately after you put it on your NAS then you’ll have to force rescan as indicated above.  Happy viewing.

In the Synology DSM>Control Panel>File Services>File Sharing>Win/MAC/NFS tab enable NFS service if you have not already done so.

In the Synology DSM>Control Panel>>Shared Folder>(your movie folder)>Edit>NFS permissions tab add IP of WDTV

In WDTV Setup>Network Settings>Scroll down to Linux Shares(NFS) Support and turn ON.

At this point my personal preference is to turn off the Media Library and for you source Choose Network Shares>Linux Shares> IP of the Synology.  When I add new files the immediatly show up on the Wd.  For For  thumbnail(metathumb) and xml data you can either renable the media library to fetch the data but I find this this to be cumbersome and often inaccurate/missing based on the way you name your files, or my preference is to use THUMBGEN for movies and WD Live Info Editor for TV shows.

WDTV Live Info Editor

ThumbGen

Braumeister wrote:

At this point my personal preference is to turn off the Media Library and for you source Choose Network Shares>Linux Shares> IP of the Synology.  When I add new files the immediatly show up on the Wd. 

Agreed. IMHO the media library seems to be more hassle then it’s worth. The only thing I miss is having favorites for my apps. Other than that the WD seems to work better for me without the Library, especially if all your media is on the same server or NAS. You can just keep that as the default, and when you turn on you SMP it will alwasy be pointed at that that device for easy access to your media.

Good Luck

-P

To each their own I guess.  I prefer My Media Library.  For some reason my Video_TS/VOB files don’t display/behave properly if I don’t.