New user with a couple of questions

3) Wrong cover art on screen for several movies

On several of the first few BDs I ripped with MakeMKV, the cover art on screen doesn’t match the image from the metathumb file downloaded when I hit “Get Content Info”.

think this is only happening on movies where I included the cover.jpg attachment inside of the track when I was checking what to include in MakeMKV.  Not knowing any better, that seemed like the right thing to do at the time.  I stopped including that when I’m doing the rip and the SMP seems to use the metathumb as I’d expect it to.

Presumably, SMP sees the image in the MKV and is using that rather than the metathumb image.  I’ve tried rescanning the library and downloading the metadata again, but the SMP keeps displaying the crappy image embedded in the MKV rather than the metathumb.

Any way to force SMP to use the metathumb other than re-ripping (ugh!) the mkv?

I noticed half a dozen movies whose icons had been looking very weird since the latest firmware update.  I had briefly looked at them, but could find nothing common to them.  Your post made me recall that for a very brief bit I had included cover art in the mkv files.  Sure enough, I just checked (with mkvmerge), and the files whose icons are not showing properly have cover art attachments!  This just happened with the latest firmware.  So my suggestion is to remove them.  Looks like mkvpropedit can do this–that is what I am going to try first.