New Router Can't Connect to Internet

Hi, I’ve tried other forums and have been on the phone twice (an hour each time) with Belkin support but have not found a solution to my problem. I’m hoping someone here can help. I’ve had my WD TV Live Media Player for a couple of years and it worked fine with my old Airlink101 router for connectiong to the internet. My Airlink developed heat issues and had to be replaced. I replaced it with a Belkin N150 router. Everything I have, video game consoles, pc, etc… work with the Belkin. Even my Nintendo 3ds. The WD TV Live however will not connect to the internet anymore. It always comes back with the error…Incorrect DNS server address…I’ve tried every combination of ip, mask,gateway and dns I can think of by myself and with the techs at Belkin. Still no luck. I have tried to connect both wired and wireless, automatic and manual all with no luck. If I connect the WD TV Live directly to my cable modum it works and connects fine (but that’s a real pain doing that every time). All I can use the WD TV Live for now as it is is to watch shows on a hard drive connected to the usb port. I’d like to be able to go back online with it. Does anyone here have experience with Belkin routers? Is there some setting on the router I’m overlooking that needs to be changed? Any info and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What does your SMP say under Network Settings for IP address, netmask, gateway, and DNS server?

Goto: Setup > Network Settings > Network Setup

What about Check Connection?  (I am not clear on when you are getting a DNS error from the SMP.)

(There certainly are network devices around that do not properly adhere to DHCP, but you should be able to bypass DHCP problems by manually overriding invalid settings.)

What is the IP address of the router and the netmask you have set on it?  If this doesn’t match the SMP won’t work.

(You certain no other device on the network has the same IP address as the SMP?  If two devices share IP then your network won’t function properly.  Very easy to screw this up if you are manually setting IP addresses.)

If the DNS server address on the SMP is the router’s IP address, then are you sure the router is setup to act as a DNS relay?

What DNS server address is being used by your PC? 

You sure you do not have some kind of blocking setup on the router?  There can be several ways this might happen.

Does your router have a way to see devices on your network or that have been given IP addresses via DHCP?  If so, if the SMP listed?

First gather and post the info I asked for.

While waiting for responses, here is what I would try:  turn off (pull power to) every network device except your cable modem.  Then turn on the router.  Now turn on only the SMP.  Make sure there is still a problem.