New FW for WD TV Live!

Downloading now!

Looks like lots of bug fixes.

… and thanks for adding my suggestion for a clock screen saver.  Can’t wait to see it!

Kris

Not working too well.

It downloaded the fw and seemed to apply it, but now it’s got a 2nd part it’s trying to update (2/2).

It fails to apply, but every time I try to go to Netflix it attempts it again.

I’ve just downloaded from  http://www.wd.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live_G3 and will try it this way.

There’s no way to update this from a USB drive that I can see.

When i choose to check for new firmware it doesn’t give me a choice as to where to look.

It just says that it’s already up to date.

And yet when I try to do ANYTHING online under services it attempts to get a 2nd file from the internet and then says “Unsucessful firmware update”.

Not good.

OK found the following thread.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/New-Release-WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media-Player-Firmware-Version-2/td-p/636457

I’m going through the responses there.

Any moderator:  feel free to delete this topic as I see others have had this issue as well.

Thanks

KrisR wrote:

Downloading now!

Wow.  You’re more than a month behind.  :)

Yeah, I haven’t had it connected to the internet in a while.

I’ve been mostly using my Roku, but every now and then I’ll use the WD TV Live just as a media player.

OK i figured it out.

The trick for me was to disable the internet connection on the WD.

I then downgraded to the previous firmware version by extracting the rollback files on a USB drive.

Then I put the latest fw files on a USB drive and attached it to the WD.

It then saw the upgrade files and alowed me to upgrade from the USB.

It went to the 2nd step (2/2) just fine without geting stuck at 0%.

If the internet connection is enabled, it will automatically use those files instead of the files on a USB drive.

The new Youtube is great!  Just like the PS3 version.

The problem I have now is when I exit Netflix and try to watch a video (Files section), I get a notification that the system is low on resources and asks if I want to reboot.

I guess this is better than just spontaneously rebooting, but something isn’t right if it can’t let go of resources upon exiting Netflix.

Maybe I just need to wait a few minutes for it to free up resources before starting something else??  Just guessing here.

Thanks

Try resetting to factory defaults and unplugging from power for a few minutes.