New 2.02.32 FW is unusable

What happened???  Updated to new FW.  Now when I try to scroll through the files on the attached USB drive (WD MyPassport Essential 1TB drive) it is glacially slow.  So slow it is unusable.  I sit here hitting the forward or backward button to scroll from file to file, regardless of directory display mode, and it is just too slow to be of any use.  I’ve rebooted, I’ve rebuilt the media library, I reset to factory options… still too slow to use.  From the moment I hit the forward button, I get the spinning arrow/circle for as much as 15 seconds before the selection goes to the next file.  How is that ever considered acceptable?

I’m reverting to the previous version.  What a failure!

1 Like

Same here.

Although in my case it is slow only for the 2 folders (out of many). I have 2 x 2.5 usb 3.0 hdd connected to WD SMP.

There were no such problem with any of the previous frimwares.

1 Like

I want to roll back the firmware to the previous one which worked fine.  this new one (2.02.32) dosent let me play videos from my wd my cloud anymore.  it plays like 1 out of 10 videos now. have video codecs been removed in this new update?

Can I roll the firmware back easely?

1 Like

Agreed, its just awful with external drives. Please fix WD, asap!

Although I did find after deleting all the metadata(ALL hidden folders) on my external drive and just leaving the bare mkv files, it sped it up back to normal until all the metadata started downloading again. But I suppose that’s always been the case, files without metadata are much easier to handle by the WDTV.

1 Like

SWOODHALL wrote:

I want to roll back the firmware to the previous one which worked fine.  this new one (2.02.32) dosent let me play videos from my wd my cloud anymore.  it plays like 1 out of 10 videos now. have video codecs been removed in this new update?

Can I roll the firmware back easely?

Download the 2.01.86 firmware, copy all the files to the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB drive.  Edit the .ver file and change the 2.01.86 to 2.02.86.  Insert the USB drive and do the “update”, it should revert to the former FW.

Mine got stuck, though.  I had to pull the power and restart, which got me the low-level “insert a firmware USB drive” message.  I stuck in the USB drive and it loaded the 2.01.86 firmware and all was well.

1 Like

Hi, great I rolled back also.

Mine one was freezed when navigating as well (3TB My Book Live).

As far as I know, it it caused by the Rotten Tomatoes and Flixter live sync/download, it adds information about those services for every mkv, and also it download the backdrops related, that’s why it is unusable.

Other user asked about in another post, but no answer yet about how we can disable this feature, so Rolled back insted and now like a charm again.

Cheers

1 Like

cew0719 wrote:

What happened???  Updated to new FW.  Now when I try to scroll through the files on the attached USB drive (WD MyPassport Essential 1TB drive) it is glacially slow.  So slow it is unusable.  I sit here hitting the forward or backward button to scroll from file to file, regardless of directory display mode, and it is just too slow to be of any use.  I’ve rebooted, I’ve rebuilt the media library, I reset to factory options… still too slow to use.  From the moment I hit the forward button, I get the spinning arrow/circle for as much as 15 seconds before the selection goes to the next file.  How is that ever considered acceptable?

I’m reverting to the previous version.  What a failure!

Hi guys, we have passed this along to support. 

1 Like

Is this not affecting everyone that uses external drives?? I’d be curious to know how theirs is setup different from mine(NTFS 640GB 2.5" in a USB2.0 enclosure), because this is absolutely crippling. I have to either not download any metadata, or switch to one of those lame views that just has the filename.

1 Like

Running a Toshiba 1Tb Canvio USB3 formatted as NTFS connect to the rear port, Wireless KB/Mouse connected front port

Wired Connection / Static IP address / No Media Library / Grid Interface / No Metadata selected / No Network shares

You Tube viewing does make it re-boot, but don’t use that anyway so no hassle

Finds & Works fine for all file types I have on the Ext HDD - avi, mp3, mkv, etc.etc.

1 Like

Youtube is broken again…won’t even start just reboots.

This was fixed in last update…but now it’s broken again…

1 Like

Since the update netflix has given me some trouble, not loading sometimes, no audio other times.

1 Like

Hello

It is the same for me. YouTube is unusable since the update whereas it was working fine before. It keeps rebooting the device when i try to start YouTube.

Regards

1 Like

I have the same issue WDTV Live has been terrible slow in terms of responsivness. So slow loading external drives and always seems to hang for a while then wakes up … it’s just a bad experience … also some apps wont stream since last update … please fix the firmware and help speed up this unit …

1 Like

Yes, this firmware [Deleted]

I be having a Media Library Issue with it:  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Update-to-Firmware-v2-02-32-Ruins-quot-My-Media/td-p/780573

1 Like

i Cant play any movie from my NAS anymore. it just freeze up.

I have made a rollback of the firmware. but still it freeze up all the time.

I should newer have upgradet the firmware.

It looks like a problem when you play a that is larger than 2gb.

my NAS is connected via Networks shares.

1 Like

Leito87 wrote:
Since the update netflix has given me some trouble, not loading sometimes, no audio other times.

This is the experience I have had since the latest firmware:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/WD-TV-Live-2-0-32-breaks-audio-in-Netflix/td-p/781019

1 Like

It used to play audio and video media off my WD My Cloud NAS drive, since firmware update is now useless, see’s everything on the drive but won’t play ANYTHING.

Why oh why after the NAS firmaware upadate fiasco a few weeks ago did I update this time. SO help me I will NEVER EVER update any WD Firmare ever again!

Rubbish

SO you broke it, now fix it! (today will do)

Phil (UK)

1 Like

Playback from my MyBookLiveDuo and WDMyCloud works just fine over network shares.

1 Like

Agreed Streamer. The responsiveness is HORRIBLE now. It makes my player SSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWWW as molasses. The WD Live was never a speed demon but it was useable, but now, geez, what the heck did you people do???

I have 230 movies in my video library(network shares) and moving between pages is agonizingly SLOW, whether I use the built in theme or a user created one. I mean changing pages takes probably 5-10 seconds just to return movement to the user. On the prior version, it would take a second or so to display the next set of box covers and then good to go. not so anymore.

I couldn’t downgrade fast enough.

1 Like

Further too my last posting here, I returned to re try the media streamer a few hours later, and it suddenly was working  flawlessly!!

Though sadly this seems to point a finger back at the WD My Cloud NAS and its firmware update.

Hmmm

Phil

1 Like