New 2.0 firmware destroyed my network driveas

Its bad enough I have to hard boot the thing from time to time because it refuses to play from now and then. Now the new upgrade made it worst by not letting me play certain files that I was able to play before. 

I did a factory reset and now I cannot see any map drives. I will never buy a WD player ever again nor recommend this horrible player to anybody. Does WD even care what we think? I guess not, since the firmware was never quality tested to begin with. Thanks for all the great support you give to your cusotmers.

This is on Win7. I select new work share and all it does is spin…great job people.

Had a similar problem.  I ran my copy of  WD Discovery, remapped the drive and all OK again!

Wait a day or so and you’ll have all he WD [Deleted] chiming in that it works fine for them.

What do you expect? After all, you’ve already assumed your usual position of [Deleted], completely ignoring the simple fact that so far EVERY update released had a certain percentage of people complaining (just check previous threads).

Also, why should I lie for you? My testing suite files still play just fine.I rarely use MP4 though.

I’ve stayed with WD because I don’t know of another unit that does DLNA and network shares.  What else is out there that does both?

Techflaws wrote:

so far EVERY update released had a certain percentage of people complaining (just check previous threads).

That is the core problem with this device.  They release new FW, an inordinate number of people complain.  Rinse and repeat.  These FW updates seem to break more than they fix.  That is a problem.

habskilla wrote:

I’ve stayed with WD because I don’t know of another unit that does DLNA and network shares.  What else is out there that does both?

Roku 3 with Plex does. 

I’m looking for direct access to network shares.  Ruko has to go through PLEX ( or another DLNA server ) to access your stuff.

I’ve had a bunch of issues trying to get the WDTV to work and am at my wits end.  Thinking about getting a Roku and trying Plex.  What is the downside of using DLNA?

Borgo wrote:

What is the downside of using DLNA?

Just off the top of my head:

– No media library support.

– No DVD support

– No ISO support of any form (Unless DLNA server “mounts” the ISO itself.)

– No metadata support (without using proprietary DLNA Server / Client extensions)

– External subtitle support is “iffy.”

– More limitted codec / file type support (unless transcoding DLNA supported)