Network shares stopped working after 2.02.32

Hi, I just upgraded to the latest firmware and for some reason network shares > windows shares doesn’t find anything to connect to!!!

Everything was working fine before the upgrade!!!

Any help appreciated!

Hi arismac,

There’s a good chance the answer you’re looking for is located at the post: “2.02.32 Firmware no longer allows content?” 

I had a similar problem and I’ve just rolled back my firmware to 2.01.86 (from 2.02.32) and couldn’t be happier.  At the start of the post Joey Smyth gives some clear, concise and easy to follow “how to” instructions, which worked a treat!

The roll back fixed two problems I experienced with the firmware update.  The first issue was with videos stopping mid stream, usually after 10 to 20 minutes, or a few minutes with high quality vids, and the second issue was trouble connecting to Content Source from Windows Shares.  I can confirm it is definitely a firmware problem as I have two units and I only updated the firmware on one, but the other unit worked fine on the old 2.01.86.  Since I have rolled back the first unit both issues have disappreared, cheers!

PS. If it works for you don’t forget to click the star next to Joey’s post to give him kudos.  It’s great free advice like his that makes this whole community work :smiley:

I didnt roll back. I reset everything and use the option to remove password for login from windows advanced networking options.

For the moment it works.