Network Shares & Compiling ***Please Help***

Okay, so I just purchased my WD Live TV device. First thing out of box I installed the newest firmware available. I’ve connected a Seagate GoFlex 2 TB external HD to the unit. I’m new to this so I appreciate all the answers and walk throughs available.

1. First problem I’m having, after finally compiling all my movies (.m2ts & .mkv files, 1.98TB full) it will only display 13 folders. There are approx 128 folders. If I turn Media Library to OFF, and go to Files instead, then I can see all the folders.

2. I connected this same Ext HDD to my computer, and set up the share allocations, and am able to see all my HDD connected to my home computer (running Win7 Professional x64) but it asks for a username and password on the WD Live.

Help with both these issues would be great!

ampreston85 wrote:

Okay, so I just purchased my WD Live TV device. First thing out of box I installed the newest firmware available. I’ve connected a Seagate GoFlex 2 TB external HD to the unit. I’m new to this so I appreciate all the answers and walk throughs available.

1. First problem I’m having, after finally compiling all my movies (.m2ts & .mkv files, 1.98TB full) it will only display 13 folders. There are approx 128 folders. If I turn Media Library to OFF, and go to Files instead, then I can see all the folders.

1. I connected this same Ext HDD to my computer, and set up the share allocations, and am able to see all my HDD connected to my home computer (running Win7 Professional x64) but it asks for a username and password on the WD Live.

Help with both these issues would be great!

I can’t understand why you are not seeing all folders. But I know the fix for the second part I had exactly the same problem myself.

You will need to create a new user password on windows 7 then on the wd live you leave the user name as the default then put in the password you created on windows 7 to make things easy for you I will add a link to a video tutorial that will walk you through it. Here is the URL     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQstgQ4eJCM

Let me know if it works . Cheers Glyn

Awesome, thank you for the quick response! I will be home in a couple of hours and am gonna get to work on these steps to see if I can get it resolved. If I don’t have to have the HDD in the living room with everything else, that will be great! I will post back as soon as I know the results! :wink:

Okay, first I want to say that my issue connecting to network share was present whether I had Homegroup enabled or disabled on my PC. I came home tonight, turned back on Homegroup. Restarted my computer, and bam, network share is working perfectly. Problem solved… and a new problem created :cry: Now i’m noticing that some of my files are not streaming well at all. Severe fragmentation and loss of audio. I fear it’s either A. overall bitrate, or B. Streaming AC-3 audio issue. Here are a few of the movies I have tried, and which ones work/fail.

WORKED:

Bourne Identity MKV Size: 8.74GB

[VIDEO: 9075kbps, 1920x816 @ 23.976fps, AVC (High@L4.1)(CABAC/5 Ref Frames)]

[AUDIO: 1510kbps, 48khz, 24 bits, 6channel, DTS]

Bourne Ultimatum MKV Size: 10.1GB

[VIDEO: 11.1mbps, 1920x800 @ 23.976fps, AVC (High@L5.1)(CABAC/8 Ref Frames)]

[AUDIO: 1510kbps, 48khz, 24 bits, 6channel, DTS]

DID NOT WORK:

Planet Earth MKV Size 2.18GB

[VIDEO: 5688kbps, 1280x720 @ 23.976fps, AVC (High@L5.1)(CABAC/9 Ref Frames)]

[AUDIO: 448kbps, 48khz, 16 bits, 6channel, AC-3]

Transformers 3 M2TS Size: 42.4GB

[VIDEO: 40.1mbps, 1920x1080 @ 23.976fps, AVC (High@L4.1)(CABAC/4 Ref Frames)]

[AUDIO: 640kbps, 48khz, 16 bits, 6channel, AC-3]

Hugo M2TS Size: 33.3GB

[VIDEO: 32.1mbps, 1920x1080 @ 23.976fps, AVC (High@L4.1)(CABAC/4 Ref Frames)]

[AUDIO: 640kbps, 48khz, 16 bits, 6channel, AC-3]

It’s beginning to look like I will be forced to have my External HDD in the living room and connected via USB directly to watch movies from it. I hope somebody has some answers for me! :smiley: