Netflix vs superHD - maxes out at 720p

Hi All,

I had the old wdtv live plus for years and I just upgraded to the new wdtv live. It works well, but I can’t seem to get Netflix SuperHD to work in 1080p.

Anything I stream… when I click options, it won’t ever go higher than 720p. When I use the Netflix app included with my TV, it immediately switches to 1080p. I have community-owned fiber in my home, so it’s not a bandwidth issue.

Is there anything that can be done to get the netflix app on the wdtv live to get to 1080p ?

Anyone else only seeing 720p when using netflix ?

Thanks!

Same issue here, I did some test with other devices I have (PS3, PS4, Wii U, mac) and all of them reach 1080p super HD after a couple of minutes. WD TV Live Streaming struggles between 480p and 720p.

It’s definitely not related to network, all the devices are connected through wifi to the same router, I even tried putting the WD TV on the DMZ, but with no luck.

Please fix this issue, I bought it for a 90% use on netflix, it can’t be so disappointing.

Thanks

Ale

Thanks for confirming it’s not just me. Hopefully they will fix this or acknowledge this is a problem.

I guess we’re the only 2 that this bugs :frowning: