Netflix playback problem Only plays one video

I have a NEW WDTV streaming unit, no other devices WDTV devices in my place just the one box. I signed up for the free month for netflix and I can stream one video at a time without any problems. Its nice and clear and works really well. However, the moment that video finishes, whether I stop it or it completes, I cant play another without first having to completely exit netflix first. It happens EVERY time and is totally unavoidable. When I try to play another video I will get the red loading bar and it will fill to a little under halfway then shoot all the way to full and go to a black screen where it stops. No audio, no video. I can back out a browse the library however it doesn’t seem to update the “most recent” section or recommendations until I leave and restart netflix. I have the most recent firmware. A full reboot doesn’t help either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

**EDIT**

I received my new WDTV and it still has the same problem. Must be a bug of some sort. I have contaced support and it looks to have been escalated. I will update with answers if I get any.

This is not the way that Netflix works in the SMP,  you may return it to the store or contact WD for a replacement.

Try resetting the player to factory defaults via the internal menu. That sometimes help if you are having problems.

That’s what I was trying to avoid. After talking with support apparently its an issue they havent encountered yet. Their only advice was the same thing. Factory reset, if that doesn’t fix it then I’m out of luck and it will need to be replaced. Thank you guys for trying to help though.

rg06052010 wrote:

That’s what I was trying to avoid. After talking with support apparently its an issue they havent encountered yet. Their only advice was the same thing. Factory reset, if that doesn’t fix it then I’m out of luck and it will need to be replaced. Thank you guys for trying to help though.

Why are you avoiding it? Its no problem I’ve done it loads of time just to help out somebody on the forum. Thats what its there for.

Its a hassle to have to enter all of my info again, get accounts set up and put all of my favorites and everything back to how I like it. Granted troubleshooting is a hassle too but I really dislike starting from scratch if I dont have to. Sometimes it is the best option as it appears to be the case this time.

After talking with WD support there is nothing they can do. Thet haven’t seen this problem before and a factory reset does not fix the problem. The only option was to send the unit in for a replacement.