Netflix issues again after latest firmware

I continue to be frustrated with netflix on this device.  Today, after using it for the first time after the firmware upgrade, Netflix gave me the old “cannot connect” message.  Twice…then the third time I got to the new red screen and it froze.

Then the forth time, just when I was going to give it the up, down, left right reset salute, it came up and worked.

Is there ANY fix for this?  I have $29 devices that Netflix work on every time.  I have TV’s that it works on every time. Some of which are several years old.

Why can’t it work reliably on the most expensive streamer I own?  Is there any fix to this?  Will yet another firmware upgrade fix it?

BJBBJB

I have not seen recent reports related to the behavior of the Netflix app. What have you tried so far? Does setting a static IP and DNS Server configuration result in more stability?

Regards,

I did not change IP configuration settings as it eventually worked.  But if it does it again I will look into it.  Strange though that Vudu works flawlessly.  And once Netflix worked, it did “work”.  Although as others have noted, even with a good speedtest with enough bandwidth to support their highest resolution, it struggles to get to 1080.  Which it strangely lists as “1080 SD”…

BJBBJB