Netflix in the UK (Cant connect - yes another)

joecru

Re: Request for Information from those having issues with Netflix [ Edited ]

Options

a week ago - last edited Wednesday

I have 2 WD Live Streamers one works ok with Netflix UK and the other one dosen’t both have latest Firmware the only difference is the model numbers.

WDBGXT0000NBK - 01 - UESN …this one works fine with Netflix UK bought from Currys…

WDBGXT0000NBK - 01 - EESN…this one dosen’t work with Netflix and displays the 502 error when trying to access Netflix. I purchased this from a UK company online

http://www.tbdol.co.uk/western-digital-wdbgxt0000nbk-tv-live-streaming-media-player-p-6319.html. When you lookup the codes it says.

The UESN and EESN  isn’t actually on the device its on the box the device came in.

UESN is UK and EESN is European …I have contacted the company I purchased the device from and asked them to replace it with the UESN model as there must be some code burn’t into the device to disable Netflix UK. Please can someone let me know if I am wrong about this and if theres a fix. It would save me a lot of trouble…

Would also like to add that I have had both boxes working with US Netflix using us-unblock. But its a bit hit and miss as you keep having to reactivate the devices on the us-unblock web site and its only a trial which runs out in a week.