Need to stream love film from my PC to WDTV connected to TV

Just bought a WDTV-Live live.  I need to stream Lovefilm from my PC browser to WDTV connected to TV - What software to put on the PC? and can the WDTV live unit cope with the job.  Also need to do other services via same route where the WDTV cannot do it direct.   MY PCs are XP32 XP64 and Windows 7 though I prefer the XP options.  WDTV hard wired ethernet and will connect to TV via HDMI if poss.

You could start with plex

http://www.plexapp.com

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Supported_myPlex_Sites

PlayOn would be another option that will let you bookmark the webvideo via playmark and stream it to your WDTV.

Also not sure but you may be able to do this through TwonkyBeam using an Android or IOS pad. Worth a shot with the free app if you have a Pad or even a phone that supports browsing.

-P

Tried to install but it hates my Windows XP64 so am looking for an alternative

Thanks but I am already signed up to Love film and don’t want an alternative to that at more cost

eteams wrote:

Thanks but I am already signed up to Love film and don’t want an alternative to that at more cost

I think you are missunderstanding. All the suggestions so far have been ways you can try to watch LoveFilm on your SMP. None of them are alternatives to that site, just methods of getting it to work. Also none of the them have any associated cost. Plex, MyMedia from PlayOn, and TwonkyBeam are all free downloadable products.

Of course you could always just hookup your computer directly to your TV if none of those ideas work for you. I hate having to go that route, but for some sites, an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV is the only option I have to get what I want running.

Good Luck

-P

eteams wrote:

Tried to install but it hates my Windows XP64 so am looking for an alternative

Tried to install what? You said you also had a xp32 and windows 7, why mention them if you don’t want to use them?

You also mentioned that you would like to add other services via this route as well. If so you must be prepared for some sort of cost.