Need custom theme that doesn't display subtitle/audio window

Hi,

I bought this unit to loop video clips at trade shows. I’ve tried a number of themes, looking to eliminate two things: 1. The playback indicator that appears in the center of the screen; and 2. The window that opens in the upper left as a clip starts - the window displays the info: Subtitle off and the type of audio being played. It sits onscreen for a couple of seconds and then disappears. I’ve succeeded with item 2 - the Legacy theme doesn’t display a playback icon. But of the six themes I’ve tried, they all display that pop up window. Can anyone recommend themes that would do what I want? How would I obtain the themes? Many thanks in advance.

Hi VideoBioGuy, have you tried the Titan Live Grunge Mod? In my mod of dribblers Titan Live theme, I removed the pause indicator that appeared in the center of the screen. I also made the window display pop up much more transparent so you can see the video through it. If you like I could make a version that is fully transparent for you.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/TITAN-LIVE-Grunge-MOD-New-Theme/td-p/685071

1 Like

Hi, OWAYSIS.

Thanks so much for the speedy reply. I haven’t tried your Titan Live Grunge Mod, but I will. I’m assuming I can load the theme via a USB drive? My ultimate goal is not to see that pop up window at all, so please let me know what you’d charge to make it fully transparent for me. Cheers.

Hi, I won’t charge you a penny my friend. I’m happy to help. I have removed everything from the playback display so you wont see a thing.

Titan Live Grunge Mod - Blank Playback Display Version

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h6ldeecjyhm70lb/Titan_Live_Grunge_Mod_BPD.zip

You need to have the WDTV device connected to your home network and upload the zip file to the device. You can’t apply the theme via a USB device.

To install the theme, i’ll quote a post by someone else

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE9, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI.   Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “Titan Live Grunge Mod_BPD.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on you SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select “Titan Live Grunge Mod_BPD.zip” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

Hope this help mate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Works like a charm! Thanks OWAYSIS!

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Could not find the file below “no longer available”

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7d9zi6q9c3k9mku/Titan_Live_Grunge_Mod_BPD.zip

I would love to get a file that does not display any overlay what so ever. Nothing on the bottom like play triangle etc. I’m using the WD TV Live Media Player as a playback unit for a community tv show ( no budget)

If you could let me know were I could find it, or email it too me that would be great.

brucekn@earthlink.net

Thank you,

Bruce 

Sorry, I deleted the wrong folder. Here you go,

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h6ldeecjyhm70lb/Titan_Live_Grunge_Mod_BPD.zip

Here is a 100% no video overlays theme (No status bar,loading icon,subtitlte,audio,ff,rew,play etc)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bhtyjaaw3xa0f7h/NoVideoOverlays.zip

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE8 or 9, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI.   Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “NoVideoOverlays.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on you SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select “NoVideoOverlays” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

Thank you so much! Perfect.

oops. See next post below.

JoeySmyth wrote:

Here is a 100% no video overlays theme (No status bar,loading icon,subtitlte,audio,ff,rew,play etc)

Hi Joey.

Does this mean a subtitle will not appear?

For my purposes during video playback when I either pause or hit the OK button, I would like a completely transparent overlay with the exception of the elapsed time/time remaining numbers [that currently appear at the far right of the nav bar]. This, however, isn’t essential – 100% transparent is OK, but I do need to see subs.

Any thoughts appreciated.

“Subtitles” will still display fine …

but you won’t see the " Subtitle Notification" onscreen when you select subtitles (via the Subtitle Button on your remote control)

1 Like

I use the small remote from the Gen.3 player and am unable to locate the larger remote that came with the SMP [so no Subtitle button].  So as regards the “subtitle notification” overlay, if I use your transparent theme, when I press the “options” button on the small remote, will I be able to see the overlay that lists subtitles, adjust subs, play mode, audio, lip snyc, etc.? Or is this overlay [and its contents] gone and inaccessable?

Thanks again,

R.

Yes,

pressing the " Option" button will bring up the on-screen menu where you can select Subtitles / Adjust Subtitles / Play Mode / Audio etc etc

P.S. If you _ try _ the NoVideoOverlays Theme mod … you’ll find the answers to all of your questions.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bhtyjaaw3xa0f7h/NoVideoOverlays.zip

1 Like

Tried and success!

Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

R.

Joey,

UPDATE:

Using the .xml code you provided from the other thread where you gave detailed code for .xml editing, I added code to display “Current Time and Duration Text” to your No Video Overlays theme. And voila! It worked. [Never having edited .xml code becore, I’m sort of proud of myself :smiley:]

I’ve had all generations of the WDTV media player over many years and that info bar has always bugged me.  To finally be rid of it has made me *very* happy. Thanks for the help!

That’s great rontokyo :smiley: … i’m happy you had success with your 1st xml editing

Thankyou, for posting positive feedback.    If i can assist with anything else in xml, i’m happy to do so

1 Like