Need Help

Just bought an WD TV Live Streaming… So far I am happy with the device. But I am badly looking for the following option:

• Can’t control volume from the remote control.
  • And looking for some option like on a single click it will forward to 10 second or rewind to 10 second (I always use this option to my PC while using VLC player)

Kindly help me on the above issue.

@nijhum_ratt

• Can’t control volume from the remote control.

There is NO Volume Control on the WD Live Hub or SMP Remote Control

You have to use your TV or AV Reciever Remote Control for Volume.

• And looking for some option like on a single click it will forward to 10 second or rewind to 10 second (I always use this option to my PC while using VLC player)

There is NO single click to FF & REW  10 Seconds … only FF 2x,4x,8x and 16x speed FF & REW

You can ‘Skip’ FF & REW at 10 Minute Increments only …

Press the   ‘>>’    button once … then press the      ‘>>I’    to FF skip in 10 Minute Increments

Press the   ‘<<’    button once … then press the      ‘I<<’    to REW skip in 10 Minute Increments

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply …

10 min!!! actually I was looking for something 10 sec…

anyway you have been starred… :

One more thing… I have found that if I stand by the device from my remote control (upper left key) … And touched the device after a while and found its still hot… I have tried more then once… Found same thing every time…

But in stand by mode as the processor is not working so its should become cool…

Is there any settings that I should change… Or it will be always like this…

Don’t know about the standby thing… I guess mine is always warm but never really noticed much… RE the volume control.  If you have an iphone or android device you can download the WD remote app which has a volume control feature.  :confounded:

aah… idont like to do it from my cellphone…

and about the heat issue… i really concerned abt it… if its in standby mode then why its producing heat…???

there should be some solution for this…

That’s because the device is still active in standby.  This is so you can still access it from another device while it’s in standby, so if you have a HDD attached to the SMP you can stream from it to another device.

There is a solution, press and hold the power button on the remote for 5 sec., this will completely power down the SMP.

1 Like

Yesterday i was enjoying a movie on my WD… the audio quality of the movie was not that good to me… i found the following:

• Music of the movie is very good
  • but the volume the conversation of characters was very low

So i had to increase the volume to listen the conversation and decrease the volume while any scene comes with music…its very annouying for me…

So i what i have done i have connect my external speakers with AV connector but found that my TV and external speaker was playing the sound simultenously… and from the options i have found that there is options for Audio output like only from HDMI and only from Optical… But no option for only form AV…

So i want to know the following:

• Is there any way to play the video through HDMI and play audio from A/V port?
  • also if the movie volume is like higher in music but lower in conversation… then whats the way around for that?

Any help…???

nijhum_raat wrote:

• also if the movie volume is like higher in music but lower in conversation… then whats the way around for that?

I think the feature “Dynamic Range Control” in the Audio Options could do the trick here.