Music File Reliably Crashes WD TV Live [Updated]

Thanks to [Deleted] from Tech Support for pointing me in the right direction!

So the word back from WD Engineering was that the problem was the “file has a jpg in it”, details unspecified . Long story short, HDTracks.com embeds large high quality album cover jpgs at 3+M in size. On the now-multiple FLACS that were crashing the WD streamer, I replaced the large jpgs with ones <100K and all play fine.

No idea what the upper limit of the WD embed is - and it should still be fixed as it represents an error in implementation of the FLAC standard - but hopefully this will help others.

WMConey wrote:

Just to update, I uploaded my problematic file and sure enough, it rebooted the WD test unit at WD’s support office. I was told this has been passed over to engineering for review.

If you can post the name[s] of other files causing the issue, I can try to pass the info along to the tech support guy who verified the problem with my file.

Regards.

• *> * * *
      WMConey wrote:

Just to update, I uploaded my problematic file and sure enough, it rebooted the WD test unit at WD’s support office. I was told this has been passed over to engineering for review.

If you can post the name[s] of other files causing the issue, I can try to pass the info along to the tech support guy who verified the problem with my file.

Regards.