Multiple WD Units Want Shared Media Libraray

I have 2 Live Players , 1 Live Hub, and multiple shares containing medias.  I want to use the My Media Library as the source for all players pointing to the same shares.  It seems each time I try this one player loses the media library because each player must write to the same share folder.  Each wd live player tries to write the same file to the .wd_tv folder on the network and that causes the media library corruption.  Has anyone been able to use more than 1 player and the my media library source with a common shared folder?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all.

We have two Live SMPs using Media Library from SMB shares and they work fine together.  The only thing I avoid is having both updating the ML at the same time (e.g., clearing the ML).

A few config options that are a good idea with multiple players:  (1) have different names for each of your WD boxes, (2) set (different) static IP addresses on WD boxes.

Under the .wd_tv dir on each share is a common wdtv.cas2 file but then separate uniondb.cas_MACaddress files.

Never had any problems at all with this setup.  What sort of corruption are you seeing exactly?

WDTraveler wrote:

I have 2 Live Players , 1 Live Hub, and multiple shares containing medias.  I want to use the My Media Library as the source for all players pointing to the same shares.  It seems each time I try this one player loses the media library because each player must write to the same share folder.  Each wd live player tries to write the same file to the .wd_tv folder on the network and that causes the media library corruption.  Has anyone been able to use more than 1 player and the my media library source with a common shared folder?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all.

Yes, they try to write to the same share folder, but not to the same files.    They each have their own final database file (with a MAC address in the name to keep them unique) and _lock_ files to avoid (though possibly not perfectly) attempts to write to the same shared file at the same time.

At one time, I had three WDTVs online at the same time and seldom saw issues (I did see them way-back-when, but WD improved it quite a bit over the last 18-24 months.)