Movie Metadata Issues

Hi All,

I’m having issues with updating movie metadata.

It appears I can now only lookup info from flixster - and even if I have the correct title / name of the movie it still suggests completely different movies which bear no relation to what I am trying to tag !

This used to work seemlessly before firmware upgrades - I recall it used two movie databases and was easy to use and very accurate. This option has disappeared and has been replaced by the flixster option only which in my opinion is rubbish.

Any suggestions on getting this working how it used to ?

Thank you

Sorry this should be in the WD TV LIve thread - not the live hub threads…can it be moved please ?

your Media Library must be ON

Setup > System > Media Library > On

or, If you are using Network Shares you must add them to “My Media Library”

Setup > System > Media Library > Media Library Manager for Network Share

so, doing the above will give you back the “Get Content Info” option  (which scrapes TMDB & TVDB)

P.S. i’ve sent a mod a request to move this topic to the WDTV Lve Streaming forum

Thanks Joey - appreciate the request to move this to the Live Streaming forum.

I have added my network shares to the media library previously and these are accessible.

Media Library is on.

However the Get Content Info only gives me the option to lookup information from Flixster - there appears to be no way to get it to look at TMDB & TVDB (which I could do previously). It appears the function to download metadata has gone completely. Flixster does not match the name correctly and as a result the metadata doesnt appear.

I have been debating a full system reset but I’m not sure if that will help or not.

Any thoughts ?

wolfofoz wrote: I have been debating a full system reset but I’m not sure if that will help or not.

Any thoughts ?

no harm in trying … :neutral_face:  (in fact, i would recommend it … bit of a strange problem)

Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default

1 Like

That appears to have resolved the issue.

I now have a Get Content Info which works !

Thanks Joey - appreciate the guidance.

no probs, happy to hear it’s working now :smiley: