Movie Content Info Help

So I have three types of movie copies on a NAS drive that my WD accesses through Windows shares: DVD folders, DVD ISOs and Blu-Ray ISOs.

With the DVD ISOs, I can start the movie the push the “northeast” button on the remote and one of the choices is “Get Content Info” which works well.

This does not work on the other two file formats. How do I get content info for those? I have Media Library turned off because it reliably locks up the device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, the “Get Content Info” will work depending on the file name, if the name of the file is not valid, it wont be able to find the metadata for it.

I believe you have to have the media library on to get info for other files.

Ichigo wrote:

Hello, the “Get Content Info” will work depending on the file name, if the name of the file is not valid, it wont be able to find the metadata for it.

No, this is not what I’m talking about.

For a DVD ISO, I start the movie, then click the “Options” button on the remote. I get a black sreen with choices, one of which is “Get Content Info.” When I select that option, if the name doesn’t match, I am given the choice to edit and resubmit.

For BD ISOs and DVDs ripped to a folder structure, "Get content Info " does not appear as a choice if I press the options button while playing.

How do I get content info for DVDs ripped to these other file types?

richUK wrote:

I believe you have to have the media library on to get info for other files.

Nope - tried it, no difference.

yes i also cannot retrieve content info for the iso files