Most favored video format

Bmoody12345 wrote:

I understand the risks with torrents. However, I find it curious that from multiple sources, the mp4 files are the only ones this player has an issue with. It is also consistent, NO mp4’s will play. I intend to download some cellphone videos which are mp4 and test those as well.

Anyway, the helpful forum here is appreciated. With the advice I’ve received, I’ve downloaded several new tools and will be learning my way around them. I’m close to the point of setting the mp4’s aside and enjoying the box for what it plays well. Soon enough, these functions will be improved by WD or with another player.

thanks.

That’s because mp4 is only a container, it has nothing to do with how it was encoded.  You can’t take a badly encoded video, swap containers and expect it to be good.  What you put in is what you get out.

It also doesn’t matter what the source is, it has to do with how the orginal person encoded the vid.  This is something you don’t have any control over, so when you download a video you get what ever the person who encoded did to it.

1 Like