Metadata and Wifi (Network)

Hello.

I received my WD TV Live Streaming player and I love the ability to add metadata (info, pictures…) via themoviedb.

However, it does seem to only work while using a local hard drive, and not when connected to a PC using Wifi (Shared Files).

I love the “streaming” use of this device, but I also enjoy the metadata thingy… Is there a way to have them both at the same time?

Thanks!

If you’re connecting via a Network Share, then you need to ADD that share to the Media LIbrary Manager (Setup / System / Media Library …), then change your VIEW (Green Button) to “My Media Library.”

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply!

TonyPh12345 wrote:

If you’re connecting via a Network Share, then you need to ADD that share to the Media LIbrary Manager (Setup / System / Media Library …), then change your VIEW (Green Button) to “My Media Library.”

does this work as well if I have a Live DUO sharing via DLNA Media Server?
I just got the DUO today and haven’t tried anything with it yet.

Ok after playing around with the DUO I decided to disable the DLNA server.
I reset my Live TV and looked for the share again but chose the DUO as the content source instead of it’s IP Address.
Now it works perfectly and doesnt display all those “bogus” folders the DLNA server shows (genre, artist, etc.)

Oops, I encountered yet another problem.

The solution you gave me worked:

• I had 3 videos in my shared folder. They all showed when I set the “Multimedia Library”

However, I added another video file to the shared folder, and it doesn’t appear in my Multimedia Library.

It only appears if I select “source” → Shared folders (and again, not metadata available there). I can see the 4 files there.

Again, if I switch back to my “multimedia library” only the 3 original files appear…

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks! Wasn’t sure if I needed to create another topic… I edited and marked as unresolved

If you add or remove files from your server, you need to rescan it.

1 Like

Hmmm… I can’t seem to find an option to “rescan” it… maybe it’s the spanish translation but, can you tell me where to find it?

It should be done automatically :frowning:

Go to the folder containing the change, and press OPTIONS … .RESCAN.

1 Like