Meta-Source Manager

maybe a little background will help

first off meta sources, thumbgen is really the primary choice around here

there are a few others that I’ve never used

but for everysource one wants to use somebody has to write code that is specific to that individual website

currently thumbgen does not suport plugin code, which means somebody must write their own program

since this is a user maintained forum, there are few programers around here, of which I do not consider myself a program, even though I’ve done quite a bit of custom work on these devices

once that is done

you have issues with sharing xml’s

1st not all themes use xml data

so there are quite a few people that don’t generate or use them at all

2st WD made some changes resulting is xml profiles

which are firmware dependant

so even if I uploaded an xml, it’s possible for you to be on a firmware where the xml must be layed out differently

3rd linksheets

quite a few people are using this hack, mainly on hub currently

this requires that certain lines from the xml’s be removed or the xml be completely deleted

4th custom xml entries

while uncommon

one could make custom xml entries to force the WD to display data is a certain format

which I have done with my xml’s

5th naming conventions must be exact

if I have an xml “The Dark Knight”

it will not work with a move titled “Dark Knight”

and so on

are you really going to manually edit the file names for what depending on your collection could be hundreds or thousands of files

so with all of that

even if I uploaded my xml’s the chances of them actuall working with your set up are slim

as for thumbgen bundles, I know goodbye black mamba has a bundle

which other themes have bundles, I’m not sure

but the bundles just make the necessary thumbgen settings for required for using thumbgen with that specific theme

so based on all of that, to me at least it would make more sense to create your own using thumbgen or other programs

admitadely tvdb and thumbgen is largely broken currently

there are some other programs out there, all of which I’ve never used

but might be worth a try to see if it’s actually a thumbgen problem as opposed to a tvdb problem

hope the background helps

p.s.

I have seen post claiming there program works on MAC, I’ve also seen linux based programs for doing this as well