Message "No media in the current folder"

Up until a cuople weeks ago i was have 0 isses with my WD TV Live connecting to my home network through the Plex media Server.  Now when i go to videos / movies / all movies I get the message “No media in the current folder”.  Very frustrated.  other folders like by Actor and By Genre both work just fine so i know it is able to connect to my content.  Please help. 

I have the latest firmware on my WD TV Live.  Power cycling did not help.  I have reset to factory settings with no change.  

Your message ought to have been in the main forum to get user help, not this “issues” forum.  Nevertheless, what I am about to tell you should help you solve the problem.

Your PC is acting as a “server” in this instance, and somehow its list of what it can serve is corrupted, damaged and/or lost.  This thread will help you resolve the problem

Although it addresss problems I had with music, it pertains to all media.files.  Once you complete the steps, you will HAVE to reboot the computer so it can read the new list that gets created.  If you have a lot of media, the process can take a few hours, so be patient.

**THIS IS FOR PEOPLE USING THE WDLIVE TO CONNECT TO A PLEX SERVER VIA DLNA.**

I struggled with this for a while too.  The problem is seamingly on the Plex Server side of the house.

You will need to go to your “Movies” section within you library on the plex server, then select the “more” dropdown.  From there, select “Analyze”.

This will take some time to complete, be patient.  When complete, on the wd live within the videos section, go up to the red button to “select content source” , and browse to your plex server.

Now you should be able to see "All Movies, “recently added”, or whichever you want.

Hope this helps, worked for me.