Media library

Is there any way to print a listing of the media library, ideally with path information of each media file?. Movies only

Thanks

Yes, you could use the freeware program SQLite Browser and open the .CAS file that contains the database.

You could try this:

Open command window

Start–> run–> type cmd"

type dir “” /s /b /on > medialibrary.txt

In between the quotes, place the location of the files you want to print.  Hit enter.

This should produce a text file on your C drive under

C:\Documents and Settings\your_name

which you can print out or import into an excel spread sheet using the "" as a separator (assuming you have excel of course)

I just finished doing this myself. 

All help appreicated.

I have the current model WDTV live (aggregated database of media) and 2 older machines (networkable).  I have 2 usb drives of movies on an older machine, 1 USB drive on the new machine and none on the third.

I have found a folder on each drive - “.wdtv” - with various files in each drive.  Some fils have CAS (some cas2) extensions.

I am able to open each of these these files using SQLITE add-in under Mozilla.

I did not have time to do a “deep dive” on the data - but it appears to me that each video database is only for the material on that drive.

I was hoping that there was a single united database somewhere that would have all of the information that could be opened, exported, examined, etc. This would avoid having to contatenate data from multiple drives to get a unified snapshot of the information.

Is there such a file?  If so where and name please.

Also if there is, how does the Western digital device decide where to place the file?

Thanks

iamimdoc wrote:

Is there such a file?  If so where and name please.

Also if there is, how does the Western digital device decide where to place the file?

There is.  It’s called 

uniondb.cas_xxxxxxxxxxxx  where xxxxxxxxxxxx is the MAC address of your WDTV.

IIRC, It’s placed in the alphabetically first share in that WDTV’s media library, or on a locally attached USB disk if there’s one installed.  Depending on how you’ve set up your media library, you may find more than one.   The most recent timestamp on the files will let you know which one is “active.”  

1 Like

wow, that’s impressive Tony…Thanks