Media Library question

First, sorry if this has been asked or covered elsewhere.

So I pretty much love this little box (I had the older model WDTV media player years ago).  The only issue I have, is that I can’t figure out the media library.

Some background.  I’m very used to Plex, and how I manually choose the items included in my library.  One of the best things about it is that I can have files on a bunch of different hard drives, but I can browse all of it at once.  I currently have a two-bay disk enclosure with two 4TB Green drives in it.

However, on the WDTV, even though it grabs the media info for all files on both drives in the enclosure, I have to browse each drive separately.  This is not a big deal now, as it’s only two drives.  However, my media collection is going to explode over the next 6 months - 1 year, and I’m going to be adding at least two more drives and putting it all in a 4-bay enclosure at some point.  As such, it’s going to be a pain if I have to remember where a particular file is across 4 drives.

Is there any solution to my problem?  Do I actually have an issue here, or did I not read something that solves what I percieve to be a problem?

It only browses per disk (or, more accurately, per media library member) if the filter mode is set to Folder. Which, of course, makes sense, as each member IS a folder unto itself.

All other filter modes combine the volumes into a combined view.

And of course, simple searches are performed across the entirety of the library regardless of filter setting.

1 Like

Somehow, I knew I missed something obvious.  I have not messed with the filter mode before.

While I would still prefer a way to manually define a library (as it is done in such tools as Plex and XMBC), this is more than sufficient.