Frequent Advisor
Robdaly209

Re: Media Library WdTV Live Compiling for ever........?

Yes you can download previous versions of the firmware...but they are compressed and I couldnt extract them!

Occasional Visitor
wallyd

[ Edited ]

Which URL did you use to download an archived version of the firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Got it and instructions at:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/p/208,393/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzOTYxNDQ0NC9zaWQvO...

Hope it helps.

Frequent Advisor
Robdaly209

Advisor
eldorado

This could be a silly question, but have you check that the drive hasn't got read-only protection box checked?

Trusted Contributor
Ripcord83

I have two boxes and both have no problem compiling the Media Library on 1.09.10 (they're using the beta release)

I have a family member that ugraded to 1.09.10 through the New FW prompt (wireless) and his just compiled for ever.

not sure why this is happening or if there is a different between the two 1.09.10 FW's (shouldn't be) but rolling back and upgrading again fixed this for him.

Frequent Advisor
Robdaly209

it does seem very odd...can I ask how your family member extracted the previous version of the firmware..  As I said previously I downloaded them but couldn't extract them....they weren't recognised by anything I have.

Trusted Contributor
Ripcord83

all you do is unzip the file (Rollback_WD_TV_Live_Gen3_1.08.17.zip)

put the three files (wdtvlivegen3.bin, wdtvlivegen3.fff & wdtvlivegen3.ver) it creates into a thumb drive (make sure you don't put it into a folder) then reboot the SMP.

nothing to it really.

hope that helps.

Frequent Advisor
Robdaly209

Thanks for that but  how do you unzip the downloaded files....what do you use.  I downloaded them but couldnt extract/unzip them.

Trusted Contributor
Ripcord83

well you only need to unzip the one file you downloaded (Rollback_WD_TV_Live_Gen3_1.08.17.zip)

you can do that with winzip, winrar or any program that reads .zip files.

Frequent Advisor
Robdaly209

I downloaded winzip, extracted to a pen drive and stuck it in the front USB after start up.  It "upgraded" firmware to the previous version (oddly enough the screen displayed it as 2 08 17 not 1 08 17) I then took the chance to upgrade properly to the latest version again...I'm now waiting to see if the hang is cured.  If not I'll just go back to the previous version again.  Thanks for your help...I'll keep you posted!

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD