Many problems with WD TV Live Streaming

I have performed some more substitutions to track the problem down.

The videos I want to access play perfectly from a local hard disk through the USB port. They are also fine on an Ethernet connection. Finally, I tried the WiFi about three feet from the router. Still OK.

Therefore The WD TV is behaving as if the WiFi connection is poor where it is situated. Surprising that the PS3 which is the same distance away from the router, in fact about 2 feet away from the WD TV, seems to be able to deal with it. The PS3 reports that the WiFi signal is 100%. However, since the router and my listening room are in different buildings, I use a  repeater for the WiFi network. The PS3 shows both signals, the router at less than 20% and the repeater at 100%. I can choose which to use, the repeater, naturally. The WD TV only shows one network. Is it possible that it is getting its WiFi signals crossed?

I am now trying the Media Server, close to the router, to see if it fails after 15 minutes as it did before.  Still going after 20 minutes so that test passed. 

I didn’t do quite as extensive a set of tests as I should have done to start with!

Meanwhile, I still don’t see the Artist and Album fields in Music unless it is using a Media Server.

So, WifFi signals?