Main Menu does not appear cannot be accessed

:cry:

When I turn the WD TV Live on it does not go to the Main Menu.  Instead it goes to some kind of other menu with AOL, Netflix, etc. 

I plug the Elements external drive into the USB port on the front of the WD TV Live after the Main Menu come up.  Then I wait for it to “compile media library”  then I move to “Files” and “Elements” comes up and I click on that and I can see all the videos in my library.

BUT I CAN’T GET TO THE MAIN MENU to do any of that anymore.

I did I reset on the back of the box as well as in the setup.

This never happened before.

After I goof around with the remote like forever I finally can get to the video files (which is what I want access to) but it takes about 15 minutes of trying.

I called tech support and didn’t get much help.  My warranty expired Jan. 15, 2015 and they aren’t sure it they will replace it if in fact it is defective.

Has Anyone had this problem with the WD TV Live?  I would love to have there not be anything wrong with it  and I could fix it.

Thank you anyone! 

From the latest firmware 2.02.32, that IS the main menu now. It’s called Grid. Open Services by clicking the Bell icon, find the videos app and select it add add it to the main menu via the options key. It’s all explained in the link below

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/GRID-UI-totally-indecipherable/m-p/785317/highlight/true#M32663

If you want to go back to the old style main menu you have to rollback to the previous firmware.

ronmaz wrote:  If you want to go back to the old style main menu you have to rollback to the previous firmware.

Rubbish

The old interface (Mochi theme) is still there … and you don’t have to rollback firmware

Setup > Appearance > User Interface Themes >  Mochi

Thanks Ronmaz  :dizzy_face:

Can I still access the data storage I put on my Elements?  I got a new computer and fed everything from it to the

Elements.  It’s in some sort of cloud thingy. 

I’m an old lady trying to keep up with all this stuff.  I’m not too bad.  Just gotta learn from you techie folks .:heart:

Thank you Joey

I have no idea what Mochi theme is but I think I get the rest of it.  Will wake the husband if I try to fool with it now…will try it tomorrow.

The old interface (Mochi theme) is still there … and you don’t have to rollback firmware

Setup > Appearance > User Interface Themes >  Mochi

I stand corrected. I don’t use 2.02.32 because its so buggy. I tried it when it first came out (seems like forever ago) and from memory the grid theme was the new default, but I could be wrong there too.

yeah, Grid is the default when you 1st update firmware to 2.02.32

but if you want the old Mochi theme … then you select it in Setup > Appearance > User Interface Themes >  Mochi

you Don’t have to do a Firmware Rollback to get the old theme as you stated … and to quote it again

“If you want to go back to the old style main menu you have to rollback to the previous firmware”