MKV with DTS audio getting WAY out of sync

I  have a bunch of MKV files. Some with Dolby Digital audio and others with DTS. Some of my DTS MKV’s play fine all the way through but a chunk of them have a problem that after 30 minutes or so, the audio is about 10 full seconds behind the video. If I stop the movie and go into another file then back to the original MKV, all is well. I have 2 WDTV Live Streaming boxes that this is happening on. One is on firmware 1.03.10?? and the other is 1.15.?? (whatever the latest firmware is). None of my Dolby Digital MKVs have this problem nor do any other video files. This problem is only affecting my MKVs with DTS audio. Box number one is hooked up via HDMI into a Denon receiver (not using digital audio) and box # 2 is hooked straight into a TV via HDMI (no digital audio on this either).

Known problem with WDTV Live Streaming boxes?

Nope – definitely not.

How are you creating these MKVs?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Nope – definitely not.

How are you creating these MKVs?

All sorts of stuff…Staxrip, DVDFab HD, VidCoder, HandBrake.

Before I go down the road of figuring out what program I used to rip my movies and re-ripping them with a converter that gives solid results, I thought I’d toss this question out on the forum to see if it isn’t an isolated issue with something I’m doing wrong vs. a known problem of some sort.