MKV starts skipping about 1h30m into movie

Last night I picked up the new WD TV Live and ran two updates that brought me up to  1.03.10.   My wife and I then watched 2 movies back-to-back.  The WD TV is connected to my network via 100MB ethernet and the movie files are on my Windows Home Server (WHS), also connected t my network via 100MB ethernet.  I have the WD TV connecting to the server using Samba on the WD TV.

The first movie we watched was encoded as follows:

SOURCE…: Blu-ray AVC DTS-HD MA5.1-CtrlHD
RUNTiME …: 02:10:18
ViDEO BiTRATE…: x264 @ 5701 kbps
FRAME RATE…: 23.976
AUDiO 1…: English DTS 5.1 Ch @ 1509 K
RESOLUTiON…: 1280 x 534
FilE SiZE…: 6.56 GiB

This movie played back perfectly, no issues.  We then fired up a second movie and it was flawless up until the last 30 minutes when it started skipping and stuttering.  I had to reboot the WD TV twice before it would finally play the last 30 minutes uninterrupted.

SOURCE…: BluRay 1080p AVC DTS-HD MA7.1-CHDBits
RUNTIME…: 1h 54mn
BITRATE…: 6 667 Kbps
FRAME RATE…: 23.976 fps
AUDIO…: English DTS 5.1 1510 Kbps
RESOLUTION…: 1 280x544
FILE SIZE…: 6.56 GiB
VIDEO CODEC…: x264, 2pass, L4.1

Any ideas why the second movie would play perfectly for 1:30 but ■■■■ the bed in the last 30?  I did notice that the WD TV was very warm, it is out in the open with nothing blocking the vents.

thanks!

Do you have any USB devices connected to the WD, while network streaming? I noticed some skipping with the “media library” turned on, and the “get content info” turned to auto. Try turning these to off and manual, and try it again. 

Nope, no USB devices attached.

Try turning off “media library” even if you do not have a USB device attached. It seems to slow down the system, and could cause the network skipping you are seeing.

I’ll give that a shot, thanks.